Sunday, October 08, 2006

Unexpected phone call

Last week I was at work when my phone rang. But when I answered the call, no one spoke. I could hear some background noise, so thought I had a bad connection. I hung up and a moment later the phone rang again. Same noise, but still no voice. This time I quickly jotted down the number that appeared in my display.

I called back and was surprised when Emily answered. I realized that the number I had not recognized was Ben and Emily's cell phone number. Emily said she had not called me, but that Autumn had been pretending to make calls with their cell phone.

I asked to speak to Autumn and told her how excited I was that she had called me at work. "Poopa," she said, "I was pushing the numbers."

I wish I had thought earlier about getting Autumn her own cell phone so she can call me. Now I know what I will ask Santa to bring her for Christmas!

3 comments:

The Higginson Family said...

Autumn is so funny! She is quite the little grown-up girl! I wish Munca was old enough to talk. I can't wait for him to talk to you on the phone too!

Anonymous said...

Poopa! I like to see your blog. Good stuff. You should tell Emily to make a link from her blog to your blog.

Emily W said...

Hey poopa, how about you tell ben to tell me himself (I've added a link to your blog)