Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Moving Right Along

Grieving is complicated. How grateful I am to have wonderful memories of Laura. The episodes we have experienced this year with Laura were incredibly difficult. I would not care to repeat anything like this ever again.

Life moves on and it is up to me to move along with it. However, I am in unfamiliar territory. I am sure I will learn many great lessons during my "recovery" process.

I recognize how very important it is to have faith and hope. Where would I be without an assurance of the resurrection and the mercy of a loving Heavenly Father? The support of friends, family, and coworkers has been invaluable. I am surprised how much I have needed to talk to people about our loss. People have been extremely supportive, for the most part. There is no greater quality, I am noticing, than being a skilled listener.

Some quotes to share:
  • Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland
  • To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die. ~Thomas Campbell, "Hallowed Ground"
  • While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil. ~John Taylor
  • Life is eternal, and love is immortal,and death is only a horizon;and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight. ~Rossiter Worthington Raymond
  • When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure. ~Unknown
  • Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. ~Unknown
  • Look for the rainbow that gracious thing, made up of tears and light. ~Samuel Taylor Coleridge

No comments: