Monday, January 02, 2012

Technology

I am being dragged kicking and screaming into the age of modern technology. Recently I inherited a smart phone from a co-worker who upgraded to a version more suitable for the international travel she does. I haven't figured out how to use this phone yet and suppose this will be a resolution for the new year.
I also installed a webcam on my computer in hopes of being able to do video calls with my grandchildren (oh, yes, and also my children). So far it appears that I can take still photos, but I don't yet know how to do the video component.
I may need to borrow a ten-year-old neighbor to show me how to use this technology.

2 comments:

Merry said...

Dee,

I was just reading a report you wrote in 1988 on the acquisition of Tripos by E&S, and wondered where you were now. The report is an interesting look back, even after this much time. My husband and I are in the process of writing a book for Oxford University Press on the history of computational chemistry software companies, and this was one piece of Tripos history in my files.
It appears you are doing well which is wonderful!! Happy 2012.

Merry Ambos

Dee Oviatt said...

Merry, I sent email via Facebook and hope I have the right person.