Sunday, October 07, 2007

Young Dad

Here are a few photos of my father as a young man. The first picture is a high school photo. My father was born on March 21, 1932. He graduated from high school at age 18 in 1950, so in this photo from the 1947-48 school year he was 15-16 years old.


I don't have dates for the next two photos. I believe the first one must have been either in Kentucky, where my parents lived for a short time while Dad was serving in the military, or in Tooele, where we lived when I was born and before moving to West Jordan. I say this because I know the wallpaper in West Jordan was a different pattern. In either case, this was very early in their marriage.



The last photo appears to be in the West Jordan house, but I would have to get Grandma O to verify the couch and curtains. I like this photo because of the big smile my Dad has on his face. When I look at this picture I am reminded of being told that my father suffered from rickets as a child (look at his chest).


No comments: