Saturday, February 16, 2008

Maybe Mom is right???

I began physical therapy on Monday to treat the pain (diagnosed as plantar fasciitis) in the heel and arch of my left foot. On Wednesday I was at church after Mutual watching the Young Men play basketball while waiting to take two of them home. One of the players had to go home, leaving an odd number to finish their game. What else could I do but step in to even out the teams?

Unfortunately, I was wearing sandals and not athletic shoes. Even more unfortunately, I caught the toe of my sandal on the floor and bent my toe quite far forward. It didn’t even hurt much, at least until later that night. The next day my toe felt much better, but it didn’t look so good. I told Mom that I got a black eye on my toe.



Mom says it serves me right and that I ought finally to start acting my age. I think she means this as a compliment, even if it didn’t come out quite right.

1 comment:

The Higginson Family said...

POOOOOOPA!

It DOES serve you right, and you had better start acting your age, or I'm going to come out there and make you! Your poe toe! Poopa! Take care of yourself!

Love, Lisa