Thursday, October 14, 2010

Judging a house by its cover

Yes, as a matter of fact I think we WERE overdue for new siding! In some places our old siding was as soft as a wet sponge and would literally crumble away in our hands. Clearly, we were beyong the point of repainting this siding as we did twice previously.
The old siding was VERY stained in many places. Also, you may be able to tell where the downspout was removed just above the steps the difference in the color of the paint behind the downspout and how much the rest of the house has faded over the years.




I didn't make it easy for our installers by removing the deck boards! But I wanted to be sure that the siding was installed properly and that I would not have any problems replacing deck boards once the siding is in place. Here Mike is making do with what I left him. You can see the old deck boards sitting atop the deck supports. This is NOT an OSHA approved workplace, I'm sure!


No comments: