Saturday, October 02, 2010

General Conference tradition

In the Internet age I can watch General Conference on my computer in the comfort of my own home. More accurately, I can watch most of the conference sessions. The Saturday evening Priesthood session cannot be seen online, but only at the chapel.

I don't mind going to the chapel for this session. This is part of the tradition I established with Ben and Brian. But the best part of the tradition was stopping at Baskin-Robbins on the way home for ice cream.

Once I tried yogurt at TCBY, but it just wasn't the same. And even though the boys are gone, I carry on the tradition of ice cream following the priesthood session of conference ... a single scoop hot fudge sundae with nutty coconut ice cream, chopped nuts, and whipped cream -- but no cherry!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

So funny, a couple guys at work and I were talking today about the priesthood session, and about how I wanted to get home quickly after it so I could hear Ben's report of the session, and the guys were like "Well you don't have to hurry that quick. Gotta give him time to stop and get ice cream." I gave them a look. "What? You know it's true. Almost everyone gets ice cream after the session...it's like a tradition." Then to come home and see your post. I suppose it really is.

Lisa Higginson said...

Poopa,

I'm glad that you're continuing the Ice Cream tradition! You deserve it! And if we lived closer, I would take you out for ice cream after Priesthood session, even though I'm not a guy!

Love, Lisa