Friday, July 20, 2007

Even Cuter

I have no idea where this photo was taken. It appears to be in a covered wagon, but I don't remember traveling across the plains this way. We usually took the station wagon with Ben in the back seat facing to the rear (sometimes sharing the seat with Abby) or the big blue van with our television and video player watching movie after movie. In the van we used to have a chart showing how to rotate positions so that everyone had a turn in the captain's chairs in the middle. In this photo, I'm not sure if there is a favorite seat.
Looking back, I think we were insane to take some of the trips we took. For example, I remember driving from Salt Lake City down to New Mexico, then to Arkansas, returning by the same route. Our trip lasted nine days, of which we spent three days driving out, three days visiting, and three days driving back ... with five small children!
I also remember one trip where the children tooks turns getting throwing-up sick on successive days. Just as we were leaving for home after an arduous journey, Lindsey (who was sitting between Brenda and me in the front in a car seat) vomited all over herself, in her car seat, and in the crack between the front seats. Though we cleaned up as best as we could, it smelled to high heaven all the way home. Once we were back, I had to remove the front seats from the car to clean properly and get the smell out of the car. Ah, the good old days!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember this trip! Cool.