Saturday, July 21, 2007

Young and Goofy

Twenty years ago I was working for Evans & Sutherland Computer Corporation in Salt Lake City when Mom and I had the opportunity to go to Mexico on a business trip where spouses were invited to attend. Here is one photo from that trip showing how young (and goofy) we once were.
What is with the hat and the short shorts?

Time passes quickly! A few years ago I ran across a statement that I have tried to adopt: "Life is the process of exchanging time for memories." While I wish I had fully understood this earlier in life, I hope my children have some good memories of childhood, growing up, and some of the fun activities we experienced and traditions we established.

Who can forget the night we were camping and the tent collapsed on us? Or the July camping vacation where we got snowed on and it rained so much we had to dig a trench around the tent to channel the water away from us? Remember building the tree house? What about putting a roof on the shed in the back yard? Does anyone remember sledding at Sugarhouse Park? Or going on my company outings to Lagoon (an amusement park)? Did everyone enjoy Saturday morning waffles prepared by chef Dad? Or a fresh lime squeeze on a hot summer day? And how about decorating the war monuments each Memorial Day with fresh cut flowers from our yard? What about ice cream cones following the Priesthood session of General Conference or Daddy-daughter dates?

I hope some of these memories are as meaningful to you as they are to me.

No comments: