Saturday, July 07, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Even though Lindsey isn't home to continue the tradition, I am preparing for this month's double release of the fifth Harry Potter movie and the last book in the series. Last weekend I rented and watched all four videos, which everyone knows I don't like to do. And I also read books five and six again. I thought that I would not go to the bookstore at midnight, as I used to do with Lindsey. But she threw down a challenge I cannot ignore.



The other night while talking our tradition, Lindsey started rubbing it in that she would get the new book an hour before I did because of the time zone difference. She was sure that this year she would finish reading the book before I did. I had to remind Lindsey that being in the Mountain time zone means that it will turn midnight here in Iowa an hour before, not after, it turns midnight in Idaho. "Oh, suck!" she said ... and then immediately started trying to get me to promise that I wouldn't begin reading the book until 1:00am when she would also have a copy.



I think Lindsey deserves a bit of a lesson. So while I originally had planned to go pick up a copy during normal store hours, now I think I need to do the whole stand in line at midnight thing just to humble her! So unless Lindsey has learned one of the spells she can use to stop me, or unless she can use Hermione's time turner in some creative way, or unless she can apparate to the east coast and get a copy of the book an hour before I do ... she is history!

No comments: